Sunday, January 2, 2011

Snowflakes, Wreaths, and Snowmen

A friend of mine asked me to make him some cupcakes for them to enter into an auction. He wanted a winter theme since it was December so I decided to make a dozen each of snowflakes, snowmen, and wreaths.
For the snowmen I frosted the cupcakes with white frosting then covered them with white non pareils. I took Oreo's and cut them to make top hats. The brim of the top hats stick out to give it more of a 3d look. The eyes are regular chocolate chips and the mouth is mini chocolate chips. The nose I piped on using orange frosting.

For the wreaths I again covered the cupcakes with white frosting then I piped green leafs around the outside to make the wreaths. I put red and white sprinkles on them to make them more festive and then piped red bows on them.

The snowflakes were my favorite to make. I took white melting chocolate and traced a picture of a snowflake onto wax paper. I then piped blue frosting onto the cupcakes and put white sprinkles on them. Then I angles the snowflakes on top of the frosting.



No comments:

Post a Comment