Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sharks, Whales, and Life Preservers

I wanted to make some cupcakes over the summer that were a little challenging so I decided to make sharks, whales, and life preservers. The first thing I did was cut Twinkies in half at an angle and then cut a point at the tip for the sharks. Then I added Oreo cookies that were cut in half for the fins of the sharks.


Then I dipped all of the sharks and whales in gray frosting that was slightly melted and let them dry.

After the cupcakes dried I added red fruit roll ups for the mouths of the sharks. Then I added white frosting for the teeth and dark gray frosting for the eyes, gills, and the mouths of the whales.


After all of the sharks and whales were done I added blue frosting around the base to look like water and cover up the gray frosting that spilled on the cupcakes.


I also did life preservers by pouring slightly melted white frosting and let them dry. Then I took fruit roll ups and cut them into strips and placed three on each life preserver.


They took a long time to make but they turned out REALLY nice! I was surprised at how cute they looked! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment