Sunday, December 19, 2010

Playing Cards

My dad wanted some cupcakes to take to work for fun. He told me to surprise him so I decided to make playing cards because he plays Cribbage at lunch with some coworkers.

My husband gave him the idea to use grahams crackers to make them 3D and the turned out REALLY cute!!
First I took graham crackers and cut them a little bit to make them a more realistic size. Then I dipped the cupcakes in frosting I melted slightly so it was soft. I set the cupcake on a rack to dry and added the faces of the cards. I only made 2 dozen so I did 6 of each suit so I randomly pulled out a card to skip from each color.
Then I pushed the graham crackers into frosted cupcakes at an angle to hide the part that didn't get covered with frosting when I dipped them.



It's not shown in the picutres but the backs of the cards have lines on them. When I placed the cards on the rack to dry it made lines in the frosting so I chose to do lines to hide the lines from the rack. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment