Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Owls

For Christmas 2009 I received the book Hello, Cupcake! from my sister in law which has tons of awesome cupcake designs in it. Since my husband's 21st birthday was the day after Christmas I figured I would let him choose a design out of the book to make for him instead of a cake. He choose Owl cupcakes which have turned out to be one of my favorite designs so far.





These cupcakes were really simple to make. All you need is Oreo's and Junior Mints for the eyes and either yellow jelly beans or Good and Fruity's for the beaks. The Oreo half that you don't use for the eyes gets cut in half and makes the ears that get covered in chocolate frosting.

Towards the end of making the cupcakes I ran out of Junior Mints so one of the Owl's was winking.

These cupcakes tasted SO good! They did not last very long. The best part is when the Oreo's start to soak up some of the moisture from the frosting and become a little soft. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment